Using the “power of positivity,” we can re-state each of these positively:
- Please yourself sometimes, please others sometimes, but don’t try to please everybody. When you’re not sure ask yourself, what will please God? or just take a shower and read a book.
- Change is inevitable. We’ve all made it through changes big and small. Accept change. Look forward to change. Embrace change for the possibilities it offers.
- Learn from the past, plan for the future, and live in today.
- Talk nice to yourself like a loving parent or supportive friend. Use words of encouragement.
- It’s okay to think about things if you’re thoughts are moving in a helpful direction. But I can spend too much time in the land of scary “what ifs.” When I catch myself doing that, I imagine happier what if’s. Then I focus on the facts in front of me and return to the gifts of the present.